Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's H O T at Tulips

It's funny how you can have so many different emotions about one thing.  This summer, that one thing for me has been the Sun.

The high here in Norman, OK was 98 degrees today (and it felt like 110).  That's HOT in anyone's book, but I guess it's summer and that's when it supposed to be HOT...right?  As uncomfortable as that kind of heat can make you, it also makes you appreciate a cool drink, a swimming pool, or a snow cone so much more.

On another note, my family and I just got back from a weekend trip to Santa Fe and though it was hot in the day, they have a little something we don't... a nice break in the evenings... man it felt good to have a chill... We were all sitting on the patio together one evening just relaxing and enjoying the sun set.  It is such a perfect painting every evening and you can never see the same sunset twice. I learned to love sunsets watching them with my dad growing up.  I will always cherish those peaceful, beautiful last minutes of the day. I think we have watched over 1,000 of them together.  No matter where in the world you are, it is comforting to know that even when you can't be together you can still see the same sun setting...


So while we have some great summer sunsets left, fill a pitcher with your favorite drink and call your favorite people to come over and enjoy the painting across your little piece of the sky.



                                                     Tilted pitcher available at Tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment